Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Clutch Modification

So I ordered the 4 parts for the clutch modification to "soften" the TD5 clutch - a well worth job to do.

Parts ordered;
CLP3180 (Kit Bearing)
DCP3212L (Bushes) x2
EDP7510L (Torsion spring)

I ordered them from Rimmer Bros and cost me less than €40 including postage. Firstly I took out all the lining of the Driver's foot well - in hindsight I didn't need to do all that but, I fixed a few things along the way.





Floor mats removed with a NoiseKiller mat remaining, and wow it really does hold water!  It was soaking, I'm going to take it out and let drive the next good day we have and then seal the rim of it, hopefully that will work in future.


All lining removed and a close up of the pedal and Spring.  Think I'll need to paint the pedal at some stage! Also noticed some nasty rust which will need some looking after.

Next I removed the original spring - not to hard, just use your favourite prying tool!


The next thing was fitting the Kit Bearing, it hooks into the latch behind the pedal.  A good bit of force and WD40 needed here. 

 

Next was fitting the two Bearings each side of the pedal.  Again a good bit of force and WD40 - you can't really see them in the second image, but they are fitted!

Lastly was fitting the spring - firstly I snap it into the Kit Bearing then I got a plank of wood and wedge it so the pedal was full pressed down, then I fit each side into the Bushes.  One side doesn't fit perfectly, but according to others online this is a common occurance.

I put everything back in place and then wedge the lining in place with some wood and a hammer! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment